Destroy the Love Destroy the Love

First of all- nice drop. It's relaxing and becomes gangsterish near the end... it was a nicely executed, subtle yet effective and smooth transition. Anywayyyy... SECONDLY...

I was (still am) checking for beats to go on FOR A FREAKING SONG DIRECTLY INSPIRED BY THAT OPPENHEIMER SPEECH YOU OPEN THIS TRACK WITH! How coincidental is that?

Seriously, on a scale of 1 - 67,000,004 how coincidental is that? Anyway haha that shit might drop in the next few days, but I liked listening to this while writing this review. Cool zone-out vibeness

Mophead367 responds:

That is highly coincidental. ^_^

Sunra - Infidelity Low Sunra - Infidelity Low

Really liking how the bass meshes with the thing and the skuttiness!

Heavy Heavy

MUST rap on this one now; haaaaa fuck dude we're about to be a 2 man band I think. Would love a 3+ minute.wav of this brutha, but either way awesome work man

-HDC- March Madness -HDC- March Madness

SAY SOMETHING, YA SPEECHLESS BASTARDS

Crown of Thorns Crown of Thorns

I don't like giving critical reviews ever really, because I personally just feel like a dick head telling someone they gotta do this and do that when:

a.) I am fairly noobish at mastering my own shit,

and

b.) I have this weird personality quirk/defect/flaw where I feel like I HAVE to make sure I'm in the good graces of everyone in the world always... lol so I avoid giving negative reviews for that reason too. I hate when someone doesn't like me lol...

But you asked me to let you know what I thought of this one, so I will leave an honest review... *and also I don't take you for a person too sensitive to a little criticism; I'm sure you can handle and probably actually encourage it sometimes. And so do I honestly. I think maybe my problem is when people bring up issues I'm aware of, or are out of my control, or intentionally done by me. But yo- the song...

I listened to it and I'm overall not really diggin' it. But it's not BAD by any means.

What I'm saying I guess- is that it feels like 2 different (good) songs to me. Fused together.

I love the theme, beat and lyrical content btw, but the starkly contrasting vocal styles clash a little too much in my opinion. And now I feel like an ass, lol. But yeah I think this is potentially the prototype for 2 good songs dealing with a similar theme.

4.5 stars but possibly TEN stars in the future??? Alright, hope all is well homeslice!

EDM364 responds:

I get what you mean. Actually, seriously appreciate the critique, especially on the vocals. Helps me keep in mind what works and what doesn't!

Been a busy day today RL. Just now popping in to check on NG

Never Thought I'd- FlashYizz Ft. DJDj Never Thought I'd- FlashYizz Ft. DJDj

Damn Doc- don't take this the wrong way- but you got an assload better in your time away. Imma download and bump this. Kinda crazy for real dude, after hearing your words on this song I realize that the in last couple years- our paths apparently have a few similarities.

You may or may not be aware, but I took a 2+ year hiatusmyself. I also became a father (my little girl turns 2 next week and she is my world, as I'm sure you feel about your munchkin)... AND I'm not too keen on the details... but I'm pretty sure we're both PTSD-level traumatized by life. This is a dope ass song homie- SO glad to see you back!

NeoAlchemist247 responds:

This. This right here. Hearing these things- this is what always keeps bringing me back. I really appreciate that, man. It hits me right where it matters. Not only am I hearing a talented high-quality rapper telling me I've improved a LOT- I'm also hearing that I'm writing relatable tracks. Seriously, man. Thanks for this detailed review.

Congrats on your 2 year old! I'm just about to head into the terrible 2's myself lol.

Single Awareness Special Single Awareness Special

Okay I think this is pretty much awesome. Almost took the words right out of my mouth when it comes to being unappreciated by those you love, but anyway I suck at critical reviews so I'll just leave it at that. Great anti-Vday track; you keeelt it!

EDM364 responds:

Thanks Teq. You are the king of this type verse though, no disrespect since that can sound like an anti-compliment. If you want this beat lmk :)

Waking Up (Ft. Fats) Waking Up (Ft. Fats)

I like this y'all. Life just kicks the shit out of us and then we die.

Hey did you intentionally name this identically to, and then release this on the same day that Libby Shimmz released an album of the same title? OR mere coincidence?

Anyway nice track y'all. I dig the depressing-ish stuff. Now let's all go cut ourselves and listen to emo music!

Acceptance Acceptance

Haha I didn't realize this was a loop and listened to it like 5 times before noticing what I had done. Pretty work on this one.

I'm not the biggest robot music fan anymore- although back in the day, I did used to DJ Drum and Bass at a beach club every weekend (and then I'd get drunk while doing so and start putting on hip hop instrumentals and rapping over them- which actually was the beginning of me thinking I might be good at this rap thing. So I guess electronic music in a way brought me to what I'm doing now. hmmm weird. anyway...), and with real records because that's what we used back then. I remember many a trip to the record store, blindly buying vinyl of artists I never heard of based solely on how cool the album cover looked lol. And I had a set of turntables that I sold to a guy on a whim one day and that was the end of that... weird how small events can set you on a course that dictates the next decade of your life sometimes...

But anyway, this is cool and I respect the work you put in. You're a true artist EDM 364; can't wait to do some work with you!

EDM364 responds:

Yo, just popping in to say this is probably one of the most interesting reviews I've gotten in a while, and it made me smile. Drop me a mention any time you want a review on one of your tracks btw :)

iM4GERY iM4GERY

Nice instrumental C-Dawg; I know it's not labelled as hip hop and I'd probably classify it in the same genre you did- but as I listened I kept telling myself I should rap over this. But I think this track holds up on its own; it's good as-is... no need to defile it with my haggard voice lol

CHiLEDAWG responds:

ayeee thanks teq! do what you want with it man id love to hear what you come up with ahahha all bout that creative commons !